Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SEARCH THE LIBRARY CATALOG
EXPLORE A CAREER
In this online resource, NCWorks - Explore a Career you can take any number of skill and occupation assessments to help you:
- Match your skills and interests to an occupation.
- Find other jobs similar to your current work.
- Learn what training or testing an occupation may require
You can also find information on wages, employers and jobs that are available as well as the details of available education and training, the job requirements and the nature of the work involved.
Additionally, you can choose a career or occupation by analyzing the current labor market trends where you want to work, including wages, employment projections and educational requirements.
This site, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor provides tools that can help you choose a career:
- Interest and Skills Assessments
Explore different types of careers and find out what’s in demand.
- Plan your career with goal-setting tools and professional development resources.
A resource of the United States Department of Labor, the Occupational Outlook Handbook can help you find career information on:
- Job duties for specific careers
- Education and training needed for different careers
- Average pay for specific types of jobs
- Hiring outlook for different jobs