Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SEARCH THE LIBRARY CATALOG
Here you can search the Library Catalog for items on how to write for work.
- Below the Catalog search are direct links to materials on how to write resumes and cover letters, plus materials on improving your writing skills. These items may be checked out with a library card.
RESUMES, COVER LETTERS, and WRITING SKILLS HELP FOR JOB SEEKERS
This document, created by AARP offers resume tips for the older job seeker. It is a 16 page pdf document that may be:
- Printed out
- Saved to a flash drive
- Or read on the screen.
- many examples of cover letters that cover a wide variety of situations.
- resume examples and tips on how to use both cover letters and resumes.
- general job searching help
- tips on how to navigate the site - always a plus!
This site is easy to use for finding job-specific resume examples.
This site provides a resume example for those seeking their first job.
This site provides:
- resume and cover letter help
- job seeking tips.
** Be sure to scroll down the page to see all that this site has to offer! **
At this site you can:
- Learn how to write a resume for today's job market
- See sample resumes
- Search for jobs
My Perfect Resume gives tips on a variety of job correspondence such as:
- References and recommendations
- Preparing a resume for online posting
- Submitting a writing sample to an employer
- Declining a job offer
** Note Helpful Links at the bottom of the page. **
This resource, created by Purdue University, will help you brush up on your writing skills for the job search process. Learn how to:
- Prepare an application
- Write cover letters
- Write thank you and follow up letters
- Write your resume
- Prepare for a video resume